It’s been 6 years in this home and I’ve been very lucky. All I’ve needed to do was fix some leaks and paint the sunroom, add an exhaust fan to a bathroom, replace the kitchen floor and re-finish the deck.
It seems that 6 years is the breaking point for this house. So this morning we wrote up a list of what we need to do before our big day here at home next month. Here’s what we aim to do (or have someone else do) by August 28th:
- Get the roof cleaned … or replaced?
- Replace the wind-blown spark arrestors
- Clean the glass-roofed sunroom on the third floor
- Replace the doorframe on the back door
- Pressure-wash the house to determine if we should paint all or just parts
- Replace the bathroom window (I’d like clear glass to see the view…)
- Get rid of more ugly clothes. Merging two adult households has been a space-challenge!
- Have a professional landscaper come out and help appease our neighbor of the bamboo growth
- Test the hot tub (smile)
The best incentive to clean the house is to throw a party!